[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker B Cleaner: Body. Shower. @Noisebridge

Scotty Allen scotty at scottyallen.com
Fri Aug 30 21:37:58 UTC 2013

> Noisebridge is not a hostel, hotel, or a place to live.   While it's a place
> to /learn/ how to cook things, or hack with food, it's not a place to MAKE
> food for your own consumption outside of the odd Microwave Burrito.
>
> There are far, far better places to do those things.

And yet, many users of the kitchen and the overnight sleeping
facilities consider Noisebridge, out of the places they have available
to them, the best place to do those things.  And therein lies the
problem.

It will continue to be a problem until Noisebridge becomes less
attractive than the other options available.

It still boggles my mind that Noisebridge has bunk beds.  How can
anyone say that say sleeping isn't permitted at Noisebridge with a
straight face when there are purpose built beds in the corner of the
room?  "Oh, yes, those are definitely bunk beds, but despite
appearances, they're not for sleeping."

Can we declare that experiment a failure already?

-Scotty