[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus proposal: renaming member categories

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 03:07:02 UTC 2013

On 8 December 2013 18:49, Charles Tang <cjtang1 at asu.edu> wrote:
> Uh FYI, I have my own apartment. . . .
>
> Regardless, why are we still poisoning the well. None of this is
> tangentially related to what is clearly a hegemonic structure here. One,
> that is unwilling to accept ideas, and if and when those ideas are brought
> up, individuals serve to advance themselves in an non-pragmatic fashion.
>
> Why are we all talking to each other like this because of an Aquarium.

You're talking like this about an aquarium because the people involved
in a space that tries to openly accept everyone from all walk of life,
surprisingly, have wildly different ideas about what, how, when, why
and where to communicate. It's expected to be full of .. well, what
you see here.

The aquarium is practically irrelevant.

(The practicalities of attempting to shepherd communication when faced
with this kind of wildly different people and the subsequent
self-organizing principles that humans seem to fall into is left as an
exercise to the reader.)

-adrian