[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus proposal: renaming member categories

davidfine d at vidfine.com
Mon Dec 9 18:05:31 UTC 2013

We don't actually get to decide what it means to be a "member" in a
501c3 non-profit organization. There is state law and legal precedent,
and "member" is word with special legal meaning. We can't change the
name just because we like the sound of it. This was all hashed out when
the membership process was created and should not be dismantled without
good reason and legal aid.
--David