[Noisebridge-discuss] Radio: FCC rejection letter

J.C. r33lmm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 00:15:07 UTC 2013

...specifically the FCC Unlicensed Part 15 devices

*Unlicensed operation* on the AM and FM radio broadcast bands is permitted
for some extremely low powered devices covered under Part 15 of the FCC's
rules.  On FM frequencies, these devices are limited to an effective
service range of approximately 200 feet (61 meters).

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/low-power-broadcast-radio-stations#PART15

So what if you combined that with a "mesh" aspect, and you could create
pocket stations around the city

Seems like it would make for a fun kit as well, building mini fm
transmitters & receivers.

--
ThanX,
;+)