[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge visitor / noob policy progress

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Dec 23 22:05:42 UTC 2013

As evidenced by my proposal (introduced November 4th) to change the
wording of noisebridge's access policy, I am not happy with the current
state of wording.

I believe that Noisebridge is open to newcomers and visitors at all times
when a Noisebridge Member or Associate Member is present to introduce them
to the space and sponsor their presence.

I believe that to avoid confusion we should clarify that visitors and
newcomers should consider themselves welcome anytime, in the hope that
someone will be present to give them a proper welcome.

My proposal was blocked by Tom a few weeks ago.  I am communicating with
Tom in email to figure out how we can move forward with improvements in a
way that he does not object to.

If anyone else has concerns about my proposal, to which I link below,
please write to this thread so we can work through concerns and amendments
before the next meeting.

https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2013-November/040268.html

-jake