[Noisebridge-discuss] Member shelves

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 03:53:41 UTC 2013

Concise and well said but it begs a set of interlocked qualifiers.
Consensus on EXECUTION of a plan depends on Consensus of Defining it? To be
honest- I got depressed as hell contemplating the flame games that often
consume sanity over needful space mandates. Anarchy in ethical abstractions
FAILS HARD when material objects and the humans owning them conflict.

So: Can we devise "Conflict Avoidance" mechanisms? Both rules and hardware
implementations:>

Zeroth being that *ALL* items on Member shelves "where possible" shall be
"within reason" in a "Secured Container" on a Secured Shelf And/or in
Secured Area.

That or semantically aligned wording "in theory" banishes shedloads of
dramas.

Secured Container= some box or tote or functional equivalency that can be
secured by lock or other access control.

Secured shelf=some bar to pilferage controlled by key&or code

Barracking=attempting to use Noisebridge for living/sleeping/storage of
squatter's bedrolls etc in fashions risky to Noisebridge's smooth
functioning.

Active member- demonstrated perhaps by updating a "Last Used" sticker on
the Secured Container.

Wrapup for brevity:

#Shelf items shall be in a Locked Tote etc securely labelled with members
name+  durable sticker denoting last active date -to determine
relocate&potential disposal#

Oren Beck

816.632.3695