[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Oppressive Behavior

Ari Lacenski alacenski at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 17:40:14 UTC 2013

Day late and a buck short, but I have to ask. Why point out Sara's
gender and sexuality three times in describing her? Feels like the
underlying message is that we should all have a look at the great
screaming irony of a person who has some skin in the game daring to be
an oppressive jerk herself.

That came through on the first characterization, and by the third it
really just sounds like "whoooo, look at the LESBIAN"... more of an
insult than a characterization.

Let's please not get into syllable-counting and other derailments. We
can talk about intersectional failure-to-grasp-the-concept just fine
without it.

Ari