[Noisebridge-discuss] diaspora - how to get more people on it?

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 19:16:54 UTC 2013

What really irked me about the whole Diaspora thing is the whole
"activation energy" for using it was way too high.

It'd be easier to use and abuse if it were shipped as a set of
packages to whack into stuff like say, raspbian. That way you could
just deploy it on a raspberry pi with minimal effort.

There are installation instructions:

https://wiki.diasporafoundation.org/Installation/Debian/Wheezy

.. but IMHO that's a bit too complicated to get wide-spread adoption.

It may also be cool to have things like default distributed (signed,
encrypted, etc) wikis as well as a diaspora install on things like the
mesh deployments people are playing with. Ie, they'd get diaspora for
free.. :)

-a