[Noisebridge-discuss] Keeping associate members in their place

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 00:59:33 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 4:11 PM, Al Sweigart wrote:
> At the previous weekly meeting I helped put forward a consensus
> proposal to replace consensus with majority vote. We talked about it
> for about 15 minutes before it was blocked by a couple members.

i thought proposals cannot be blocked until a week later? even if some
people say "we're going to block this", it's still valuable to review
the topic at the following meeting, if just for the sake of discussion.
I hope you do bring it up next week, as i will be there to support. Go Al!

Al Sweigart wrote:

> As a capital-M member, I have a lot of power. Associate members can't
> block.

Al, I only half-agree-- the problem is not that Members have more power
than AM's. The problem is that Members who block have more power than
OTHER MEMBERS. That's what causes stagnation.

Johny Radio