[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Orchestra Github repo - all recordings, videos in one place

The Batkid batkid at gmx.com
Sun Dec 1 20:25:54 UTC 2013

Romy, just to pile on in here too, I just want to make sure you know how git works

Let's pretend you check in a 1 gig FLAC into the repo, lets call this Version "A"
Let's pretend the next day, you edit the FLAC, and you check in the new version, Version "B". Still 1 gig or so in size.

When someone downloads your Noisebridge Orchestra github repo, because of the way git works,
their copy of the repo will take up 2 gigs, instead of 1 gig, on their hard drive. If we were just talking about
text files, git would simply diff the files and store the difference. This is not possible with binary files.

If this is the goal you're going for, great, carry on.
Hard drives are big these days but not THAT big.