[Noisebridge-discuss] workshop/session signing system - recommendations

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 3 02:20:32 UTC 2013

Hi to all,
I would like to ask for some recommendations for preferably open source meeting/workshop signing/coordination system. At 30c3 we will be running with our assembly (Food Hacking Base) number of workshops, now called "self organized sessions"  under the 30c3 system and I wonder what would be a good system to let people to sign in because places for some will be limited. We will be definitely using 30c3 wiki to announce the workshops but I wonder if it is also good for the signing? I'll talk to the 30c3 orga what are options for this coupled with the 30c3 wiki, if anyone knows already please let us know! We used before Wiki table and it kind of work too ... We would like to use some system which is fine to majority of hackers around, Facebook for example is ignored by many ... Also many people may have just smart phone access most of the time so it should be friendly to that.

I'm aware that there are many options out there, I would like to use some which for example doesn't require the user to create an account, nick name and some form of functional/efficient contact coupled to the given event of interest would be enough.

Many thanks for any info on the subject, I've found this option for example,

http://www.doodle.com/

and many other which I do not know anything about ...

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org