[Noisebridge-discuss] 30c3 Highlights - Freitag

J.C. r33lmm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 13:29:52 UTC 2013

So far here's what the view of Hamburg from noisebridge has sounded (and
mostly looked) like...

[ some actual images here of there
http://www.flickr.com/photos/violetblue/sets/72157639039990414/ ]

It twas a bit of a bumpy start, stream wise most were not working as things
kicked off at 2am this morning, however I did manage to hack a combination
of an audio stream in a browser and a video stream via VLC to get a close
approximation.

A few hours later (5am) things are running a little smoother, although the
wiki seems to be still be overloaded and down, fortunately I managed to get
an initial list of talks linked up locally before all that
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Fahrplan

The event opening seemed to be some rapid cut of various tech'ish videos
cut to techno (and/or Ramstein?) followed by the first talk "Do You Think
That's Funny?", which seemed to stray far from funny other than the
seemingly Math.random() insertion of child on stage.

Things got a little more interesting with "An introduction to Firmware
Analysis", although it was a bit tempting to jump over to "Seidenstraße",
literally an implementation of the Internets as a series of tubes. Now
we're on to "10 Years of Fun with Embedded Devices" which is looking to be
a deep dive into OpenWRT.

Coming up at 7am is "07KINGSTON25 JAMAICA: MALARIA UPDATE Dispatches from
Fort Meade" aka what Manning actually got sentenced for. Keynote is at
10:30am, and Jacob on Tor follows at 11:30am.

If anyone feels like coming over to help hack some window shades for when
the sun comes up, will probably need it.

Official Streams:
http://streaming.media.ccc.de/

Raw Feeds:
https://raw.github.com/2ion/30c3/master/streamurls.txt

P.S. If you're here, there or anywhere, give a shout for talks that are
looking particularly interesting so we can stream them here or grab to
replay.

--
ThanX,
;+)