[Noisebridge-discuss] Stuff is piling up on the floor of the member shelves.

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 18:26:04 UTC 2013

On 4 December 2013 10:16, spinach williams <spinach.williams at gmail.com> wrote:
> issues that aren't near the same as cultural and institutional oppression or
> the outright criminalization of all that you do; issues that could well be
> alleviated by treating those poorer than you with some basic respect rather
> than undignified jokes of suitcases being apartments.

* agree on the joke bad-ness;
* i've worked on things that could be considered subversive and are
used to subvert;
* as a visitor to the united states they do have all of my
fingerprints, my financial and work history, information about my
education and memberships to other organisations. I had to give all of
that information up when entering or risk being denied entry;
* i'm here on a H1B visa which prohibits me from doing a whole lot of
very interesting things whilst keeping me economically beholden to
paperwork and a sponsor, and woe be me rocking the boat there;
* depression, anxiety and other forms of mental illness are the same
no matter what power of ten your income cheque is per month;
* .. same with gender/sexuality oppression, religious oppression, etc.

Ron made a bad joke. Don't conflate it with the rest of what was then said.

-a