[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Aquarium

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 18:55:36 UTC 2013

Having a salt-water aquarium in the space is a terrible idea. Salt-water
aquariums are a ton of work to maintain (much more than regular aquariums),
and I doubt it the original maintainers will be interested in keeping it up
after the first few months.

At that point, it's also hard to get rid of an aquarium. It's heavy, wet,
and messy. Even if we didn't want to get rid of it, moving it somewhere
else in the space would be impossible. It would permanently take up the
space it uses, and people's projects monopolizing space has been a big
no-no at Noisebridge in the past.

It has all the problems of "Let's get a puppy for the space!" and more.