[Noisebridge-discuss] Why Consensus Kills Community

John Ellis neurofog at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 20:06:29 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

I hope the ML meetup went smoothly. I was trying to wrap up a project so I
wasn't able to make it.

I do agree that it can be disheartening to other potential members,
although I'm not sure the reasons why a particular member was blocked. I'm
also wondering if instead of strict consensus, make it 2 to block would be
more appropriate. Another option would be make all new members have a
post-consensus trial period, which automatically promotes to full
Membership after a period of time (1-6 months?), unless subject to
consensed action.

Attending Tuesday meetings is one of those things that isn't always
practical, and if you feel strongly about a particular item, ask somebody
who feels similar to you to discuss this at the meeting and possibly block
the item, or at least provide for further discussion.

Regards,
John