[Noisebridge-discuss] Why Consensus Kills Community

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 00:51:19 UTC 2013

On 15 December 2013 15:21, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:

> [1] Though, just to be clear, I don't think dumping consensus is going
> to fix problems you might have with Noisebridge's polity. I think, for
> example, that if you're worried about Tom's dominance of the consensus
> process in order to prevent someone beoming a member, you'd be amazed by
> how completely he (or me, or maybe Al) could dominate a standard
> Robert's Rules of Order environment[2]. As nice middle-class people, we're
> pretty much weaponised to get what we done in that environment; we've
> been culturally trained in it since we were kids. That's not necessarily

As a side note - I'm a transplant from Australia. I'm not at all
equipped to deal with .. well, that bullshit. I can't begin to explain
how annoying it is to get anything done when your work life is a
dilbert comic.

Just staying. I understand more and more each day why y'all get stabby
in 9-5 jobs. Holy crap.

-a