[Noisebridge-discuss] Keeping associate members in their place

bfb bfb at riseup.net
Thu Dec 19 16:56:50 UTC 2013

Al and Madelynn,

Both in this thread and at the last meeting I have been overwhelmed with the sense that this will never become a dialog. It feels like an epic monolog that's bound to flame out.

But let' try anyway...

What I did say on Tuesday was that 1. I didn't know where to begin and 2. Quoted the first line from noisebridge.net "Noisebridge is an infrastructure provider for technical-creative projects, collaboratively run by our members." Which is to say, not only a space where collaboration happens, but a space collaboratively run by our members. Your proposal derides this statement in two ways. 1. Moving to a majoritarian system creates less opportunity for collaboration on decision making and 2. It hands over the process to a board of directors from the hands of the membership.