[Noisebridge-discuss] Radio: FCC rejection letter

Norman Bradley pryankster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 18:06:42 UTC 2013

Getting an AM or Shortwave station license is considerably more
difficult. In addition compared to FM the antennas would need to be
huge. For AM we would also run into the same problem as FM, frequency
crowding.

A Shortwave receiver has some real possibilities and all you need is a
wire on the roof.

An Amateur station would be fun if we could get past the problems of, no
swearing near the mic, no music accidentally going out over the air, and
unlike other things in the space the equipment needs to be securely
locked up when not in use. A SDR transceiver hidden away with secure
internet would be nice as well as being IRLP and Echolink nodes.

I'd be happy to help with any of these but it is time for someone else
to lead.

You are entitled to your own opinion.
You are NOT entitled to your own facts.

Norman