[Noisebridge-discuss] Neutral Pronoun "E"

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 21:31:14 UTC 2013

Yeah, basically this issue sort of has the two camps of "be respectful
towards inclusive language and other people's gender identities" vs
"insisting on changing language usage is political correctness gone mad".

I sympathize with the former. It's not a big deal inconvenience to say
"they" instead of "he" or "chair" instead of "chairman".

Back in the 70s or whenever, the introduction of the title "Ms." had a
similar situation. Some people thought it was
political-correctness-gone-mad. Nowadays, we look at it as common sense:
"Duh, of course you should have a female title that is neutral towards
marital status, why was this ever controversial?"