[Noisebridge-discuss] misogynist loser visiting noisebridge

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 00:41:56 UTC 2013

I don't think any of us do, or should, have the power to ban anyone
permanently on our own. That seems like the worst possible option.  It
also doesn't make sense. For example, If two members decide to ban
each other.... which one gets to ban the other one first? I am not
eager to test that out or have any sort of argument about that kind of
thing. It would be silly.

If we make a huge change in how membership and consensus work, I would
go for something like "consensus minus three"  rather than majority
voting.    That way, one person cannot block alone; they'd have to be
able to persuade at least a couple of other people that their views
are valid.  I'm also fine with keeping our consensus structure if we
can figure out how to make some workable infrastructure to support it.

- Liz