[Noisebridge-discuss] Geek Life In Prison

Brink Of Complexity brink.0x3f at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 02:22:28 UTC 2013

Wow. Sounds surprisingly similar to what it's like to be a geek growing up
in impoverished circumstances generally, no physical jail required.  (Only,
finding bodyguards in exchange for tech help is possibly more difficult to
achieve in an open system, and the social cruft preys on queers and females
disproportionately, geek utility aside).

I have yet to meet anyone who has experienced and overcome the struggles of
poverty, and hasn't subsequently set out to help others find a better path.
 Everyone who does this deserves a hug... and more funding. :)