[Noisebridge-discuss] [sudo-discuss] has anyone worked with open data from socrata?

Mike Schachter cubicgoats at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 19:10:16 UTC 2013

Wow, what an excellent site, thanks Romy! It seems like they take datasets,
process them, and provide an API that allows one to query the dataset, and
have like 21,000 datasets:

https://opendata.socrata.com/browse

Many of the datasets are raw, i.e. comprised of rows and columns of data,
so they should be easy to pull via a REST call and then do whatever kind of
visualization and analysis you'd like within objective C.

Do you have any specific datasets in mind? Machine learning meetups have
restarted and we're going to meet next some time in January. It could be a
good opportunity for you to find people to work on your app with!

 mike