[Noisebridge-discuss] Oppressive Behavior

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 20:17:24 UTC 2013

I think I can settle this, if y'all don't mind me speaking for the general
community:

* Being a hacker or not, however you define that, has no bearing on whether
or not you can call out inappropriate behavior at Noisebridge.
* Being a hacker does not exempt you from the anti-harassment policy.
* Being a woman or a lesbian does not exempt you from the anti-harassment
policy.
* Using the n-word at the space is inappropriate. It especially raises
eyebrows when a white person says it, even "as a joke" or "as a comedian".

Also, when did this happen? Pigeon's two month suspension (if that's how it
went, the Consensus Items History wiki page just says it was "sent to
mediation") expired on the 22nd, but any non-member can be asked to leave
if they don't have a member to sponsor them in the space. (This is
basically how we show the door to random people who don't do anything
except hang around and annoy people.)

-Al