[Noisebridge-discuss] Weekly Beginning Android Development Class, when should the date be?

Brian Cloutier briancloutier2010 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:20:29 UTC 2013

It's time to make this happen, it's been a while since I announced it.
I've looked through the Noisebridge wiki and picked out a few time
slots where I think a classroom would be free. If you'd like to attend
the class, reply with your preferred time. If I've misread and having
a class during one of these times would be a bad idea, please let me
know.

Our options:
- Thursdays at 18:00
- Fridays at 19:00
- Fridays at 20:00

The class will assume you know Java and get you started developing
Android applications. You'll make an interface that scales across
devices, learn how to access the network without leaving the app
unresponsive, and store your hard-earned data in a database. Hopefully
by the end you'll have written a basic twitter client.

If you've already written an app this class might be too basic for
you. There are a ton of features I won't go over, like making
interfaces for tablets and the NDK and using multimedia. This'll just
cover the basic components (activities, content providers, services,
and intents) and give you a taste of just how cool android is.

- Brian