[Noisebridge-discuss] Large(r) format Laser Cutter for Noisebridge...

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:00:41 UTC 2013

Taylor,

Lets stick to what we can accomplish.  A $79,000 gantry style laser
cutter is a -bit- outside the power, weight, and financial
capabilities of NoiseBridge at the moment.

----

I will come in to Noisebridge tonight for the meeting, and see if we
can build both consensus and start a fundraiser to get something like
a 32" x 18" laser cutter, with whatever wattage laser we can afford.
My preference would be a used RF excited + Air cooled laser (easier to
maintain) such as the Universal, or Epilog laser cutters.   However,
if raising money becomes an issue, we could swing for laser cutter
similar to what Ace Monster Toys has ( Water cooled, 100W ).

-M