[Noisebridge-discuss] Be Excellent To Each Other Billboards

Alex Peake alex at primerlabs.com
Thu Feb 14 00:20:45 UTC 2013

There's a crowdsourced billboard campaign to put Bill and Tedd saying "BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER" up in SF.

I'm shocked to find out it was posted by a non-Noisebridger who had no idea about Noisebridge's only rule.

From their message:

"Bill and Ted have always been an inspiration to me and I want them to be an inspiration to everyone in San Francisco. Wouldn't life be a little better if we all remembered to be "excellent to each other?" I think so too. If we get $5,000 we can get a great billboard in SOMA for a month! If we get a ton of donations we can try for something on the Bay Bridge which is more like $10K. Party on dudes! "

http://mutgoff.com/post/42938414688/hey-san-francisco-be-excellent-to-each-other

https://louder.is/campaigns/560-get-the-be-excellent-to-each-other-billboard-up-in-san-francisco?fb_action_ids=623576510738&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=.URrpjh4zMiU.like&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

We did Hackerspace billboards a while back with Hacker Dojo and Make and Techshop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hackerspace_billboard.jpg

I thought this might interest some people at Noisebridge. I know there are a lot of pressing things more in need of funding but I figured if Noisebridgers knew about it the likelihood of a Noisebridge symbol ending up on that approaches 1.

CC Matt Spergel: Is $5000 reasonable or are they getting charged a lot more than what you arranged for the last campaign?
--
Alex Peake
Founder CEO, Primer Labs
alex at primerlabs.com