[Noisebridge-discuss] finally something useful cigarette smokers at noisebridge can do to help out.

miloh miloh at froggytoad.net
Thu Feb 21 19:37:12 UTC 2013

Many thanks to all who have helped out with the sudden action around
the hard drive enclosure project in the last few weeks. You know those
things that are sitting around in Noisebridge just about everywhere in
the Hackitorium?

For those of you who don't know about this project, I can tell you
this about it: we spend long late hours moving boxes from A to B and B
to C, sorting out water damaged units from good ones, sticker labeling
all the units with their skus, palletizing them, moving them again,
depalletizing them, repalletizing them, and getting them finally
started on their journey to the fulfillment centers where they will
sit waiting for orders from you... if you get out the word.  Look at
http://goo.gl/AgWur and stay tuned for updates.

No, we don't have 6000 TB of storage sitting in Noisebridge.  But we
do have a small quantity of usb3.0 compatible hard drive enclosures,
and for those who don't immediately understand what this means, it
means fast removable data, plain and simple.  You can breath life into
old SATA hard drives that are just sitting around being unused.

Help out today at 4pm:
I need a few (five pairs would be nice) more hands to show up at
Noisebridge this afternoon (Thursday Feb 21 2013) at 4pm to help me
with the last push to get these out. We will label that boxes that are
shipping, move them downstairs and palletize.

I am hopeful that the smokers among you will find use and step up to
the job of working as constant sentries while we build 2 final pallets
on Mission street. YES on mission street, because our proper
regulation pallets don't fit through the damn doors.

End of Message
-miloh

ps
thanks to superq jerkey ramone gnusosa felipe drX mik Monad rob b
cliff josh tony rick and many more all to be showered with the
beneficent gaze of consenso in the future.