[Noisebridge-discuss] RF project for pay

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 21:44:46 UTC 2013

Someone called me today asking for help with a project. I don't have any time to help. But I thought someone here might be able to.

The person who called wants to use technology that is similar to electronic car keys. The transmitter is a small, low-powered transmitter that runs on a small battery -- every 30 seconds, it transmits a short code. A receiver (which doesn't need to be so small or low-powered) detects the transmission from up to 100 yards away.

This person said he's not very technical. He's a retired machinist, and is good with mechanics. He really wants to get his project out into the world, and needs help with the electronics. He said he doesn't have a lot of money, but can pay for the help he needs (and/or work something out with whoever helps).

If you would like to help, please email me off-list, and I'll connect you together.

Thanks,
Mitch.