[Noisebridge-discuss] Tribeca Film Institute & GAFFTA presents: Tribeca Hacks: Archives - March 21-23

Mathew Dryhurst matdryhurst at gaffta.org
Tue Feb 26 19:13:13 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

We are excited to partner with the Tribeca Film
Institute<http://www.tribecafilminstitute.org/> to
present “Tribeca Hacks: Archives,” a three-day hackathon culminating in a
juried panel and exhibition in San Francisco from March 21 – 23, and
welcome members of the Noisebridge community to participate.

Apply here <https://podio.com/webforms/3392530/259397>

We are now accepting applications from artists, filmmakers, designers and
developers who wish to participate on this hack. Deadline to apply is March
1. Accepted participants will be notified on Friday, March 8.

“Hacking the Archives” is an opportunity for San Francisco’s leading
filmmakers and technologists to exchange concepts and find ways to breathe
new life into freely available archived footage online.

Along with Tribeca Film Institute, thanks also go out to our archive
partners: San Francisco Public Library <http://sfpl.org/>, Prelinger
Archives <http://archive.org/details/prelinger> and Internet
Archive<http://archive.org/index.php>
.