[Noisebridge-discuss] Mesh Thursdays @ Noisebridge?

Alcides Gutierrez alcides888 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 08:29:26 UTC 2013

Thanks for the quick reply, Jonathan.

To be a little clearer on my position: I'm working on a mesh project for my
particular neighborhood (Excelsior/Mission Terrace) that is not reliant
upon the Internet, but perhaps has gateways here and there. My vision is a
quasi-darknet with community-building services such as streaming media
(educational/cc-license/etc), bulletin boards, voip (if manageable),
local-business sites, and maybe even social networking.

>From what I understand, scaling up directly can be difficult, but if
working in network clusters, traffic might be easier to manage. I'm not
definitely sure, but I'm intent to find out.

I plan to document my journey as much as possible with videos and other
media. I'd like to make this as easy for other neighborhoods to replicate
(and innovate) as possible and hopefully we can make connections between
our neighborhoods.

I do, however, want to exchange experiences and advice (I'd probably
receive more than I could offer), to increase interest in mesh in general
and also encourage more energy to be invested in mesh deployment and
field-testing.

Johnathan, I might wait before I request time if you're busy. I'm still in
an early-development phase. I'd like to have a little more experience to
have more fruitful conversations in the future.

----------------------------------

ALL:

I'll be at Noisebridge every Thursday @ 6pm. (Seems that early mornings
don't work for most people.) I will likely only have my laptop and be doing
research on what's going on in the mesh world. I might bring a router in
every now and then or some other related device.

I'll head to the Sudo Room @ 7:30pm for the 830pm meeting.

I'd like to put it on the calendar, but I don't know if I need to have
participants first or what. I'm definitely going to follow this schedule
though, so if anyone wants to stop by, please do! My life currently
revolves around my family and mesh.

Alcides Gutierrez
http://e64.us