[Noisebridge-discuss] [zines & printing] Chapter 3 of NB-inspired megazine ZiP is now up in full!

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 22:37:37 UTC 2013

*On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM, The Whimsical Wizard of ZiP <
zfos at riseup.net> wrote:
*

> *Behold, the damn-near-impossible has occurred: ZiP03 is finally done.
> Like, for realsies. We're not sure why it took nearly 10 friggin' months
> to finish this thing, but if it saves even just one life....
>
> http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3*

Whimzy forgot to ask for readers to point out mistakes & send us
 corrections so that we can implement them before we print copies of the
zine. A few pages of the zine are still experiencing "technical
difficulties" - i.e. they look like crap, are difficult to read, or we're
still making corrections to them. As for why it took so long—whoa nelly,
just wait 'til you see all the alternate pages, B sides, stuff that didn't
make it into this issue, etc. You can't hurry ZiP—you just have to wait!
But you don't have to wait any longer. Also, the "fully linked list of
contents" he referred to is as follows (*Recommended Reading* would be the
features by Danny O'Brien ("Is Noisebridge an Anarchist Hackerspace?") &
Daravinne ("Geeks & Depression"), plus the closing item by yours truly,
"The Night I Slept At Noisebridge"):

ZiP03: ZEALOUS INSANITY PARADE
        List of Contents

Zx00+3        Front Cover: Scary Carousel
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx003>
Zx0075        End Credits / Crazier Than Heaven
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zx0075%C6%92_web.jpg>
Zx0076        Opening Remarks by the Whimsical Wizard of ZiP
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zx0076%C6%92_web3.jpg>
Zx0077        Q&A / Whimzy’s Background
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0077>
Zx0078        83C: Where Noisebridge Was Born
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0078-5>
Zx0079        Steal Toilet Paper / Poop Info Poster by Consenso
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zx0079%C6%92_web.jpg>
Zx007A        SEXY FEATURE: A Tour of Kink.com by +11+
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx007a%C6%92_web>
Zx007B        Kink.com p2 <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx007b%C6%92_web>
Zx007C        Kink.com p3 <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx007c%C6%92_web>
Zx007D        Kink.com p4 <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx007d%C6%92_web>
Zx007E        Kink.com p5/END + the Retail $ of 50 gallons of lube
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx007e%C6%92_web>
Zx007F        Adopt-a-Squatter! <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx007f_web>
Zx0080        The Great Mouse Wars by Lizzard
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0080%C6%92_web_sharperunflattened>
Zx0081        Gadget Report: Fisher’s AG-7 Space Pen by Adam Engelhart
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0081_web-2>
Zx0082        How to Create a Satirical Board Game, by Teale Fristoe
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0082_web-2>
Zx0083        Satirical Board Game p2
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0083_web-2>
Zx0084        Satirical Board Game p3/END
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0084_web-2>
Zx0085        Great Names in Hackerdom: Hackers Behaving Badly
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0086%C6%92_web>
Zx0086        COLORPAGE: Tabloid Gossip
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0087_web-5>
Zx0087        COLORPAGE: Photos from ToorCamp 2012!
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0087_web-5>
Zx0088        Maker Faire Seoul by Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0088_web-3>
Zx0089        Maker Faire Seoul p2
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0089_web-2>
Zx008A        Maker Faire Seoul p3/END
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx008a_web>
Zx008B        Anarchafeminist Hackerhive, by Lizzard
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx008b%C6%92_web>
Zx008C        Anarchafeminist Hackerhive p2/END
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx008c%C6%92_web>
Zx008D        68K Assembler Code Program #1/Codepoem
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx008d%C6%92_web>
Zx008E        Tea Not Prison: the Trial of Oshan Cook by +11+
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zx008E%C6%92_web.jpg>
Zx008F        Shadowfolds / Tea Not Prison p2/END
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zx008F%C6%92_web.jpg>
Zx0090        ZiPCode v3: MacRelix by Josh Juran
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0090%C6%92_web-2>
Zx0091        MacRelix p2
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0091%C6%92_web-3>
Zx0092        MacRelix p3
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0092%C6%92_web-2>
Zx0093        MacRelix p4/END
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0093%C6%92_web-2>
Zx0094        Non Sequitur News
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0094%C6%92_web-2>
Zx0095        Is Noisebridge an Anarchist Hackerspace? by Danny
O’Brien <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0095%C6%92_web>
Zx0096        Anarchist Hackerspace p2
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0096%C6%92_web-2>
Zx0097        Anarchist Hackerspace p3
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0097%C6%92_web>
Zx0098        Anarchist Hackerspace p4
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0098%C6%92_web-2>
Zx0099        Anarchist Hackerspace p5/END
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx0099%C6%92_web>
Zx009A        SOMBER FEATURE: Geeks & Depression by Daravinne
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx009a-2>
Zx009B        Geeks & Depresssion p2  <<begin intermission>>
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx009b>
Zx009C        COLORPAGE: Art by Dylan Frieday
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx009c>
Zx009D        COLORPAGE: Art by Dylan Frieday
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx009d>
Zx009E        <<end intermission>> Geeks & Depression p3
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx009e>
Zx009F        Geeks & Depression p4 <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx009f>
Zx00A0        Geeks & Depression p5 <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx00a0>
Zx00A1        Geeks & Depression p6/END
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx00a1>
Zx00A2        The Zines, They Are a-Changin’ by Glamortramp
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx00a2%C6%92_web>
Zx00A3        Fan Mail (Letters to ZiP & Noisebridge) + Zine Review
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx00a3%C6%92_web>
Zx00A4        Firehouse: A Retrospective by Glamortramp (pt 1 of 2)
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx00a4_web>
Zx00A5        Firehouse p2 <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx00a5_web>
Zx00A6        Firehouse p3 <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx00a6_web>
Zx00A7        Firehouse p4/END pt 1
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx00a7_web>
Zx00A8        Firehouse Memories by Garlique O. Spacegirl
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zx00A8%C6%92_web1.jpg>
Zx00A9        Review: Screaming Meanie alarm clock by Adam Engelhart
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx00a9%C6%92_web>
Zx00AA        In Defense of Poetry: The Survivor by +11+
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/ch3/zx00ad%C6%92_web>
Zx00AB        CLOSER: The Night I Slept at Noisebridge by +11+
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zx00AB%C6%92_web1.jpg>
Zx00AC        The Night I Slept @ Noisebridge p2
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zx00AC%C6%92_web.jpg>
Zx00AD        The Night I Slept @ Noisebridge p3/END
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zx00AD%C6%92_web1.jpg>
Zx00AE        Table of Contents (THIS PAGE)
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zx00AE%C6%92_web.jpg>
Zx00-3        Back Cover: Himmel, Holle und Hackerspace
<http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/zx00-3%C6%92_web.jpg>