[Noisebridge-discuss] images - dokuwiki versus media wiki

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 04:03:05 UTC 2013

Hi to all,
I'm trying to download plugins for dokuwiki and I'm failing. I have the privilege to install plugins through the plugin manager (no console access), however my major problem is I thin that I do not know what is the URL to the plugin file in zip or tar format. In the manuals it says find your plugin, copy the download link (URL) to your plugin manager and everything is nice and joly, well not for me. If I'm for example interested in this plugin:

https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:gallery

"Download - Use the download link given above in the plugin manager or to download the plugin manually."

I can download the link manually to my computer but I do not have the link to the file online so I can not use the simple option through the plug in manager = URL. I tried to guess if the URL could be this:

https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:gallery/splitbrain-dokuwiki-plugin-gallery-9260571.zip

and I tried to upload the plug in to my wiki pages

http://frantisekapfelbeck.org/doku.php?id=temporary

and tried URL

http://frantisekapfelbeck.org/doku.php?id=temporary/splitbrain-dokuwiki-plugin-gallery-9260571.zip

did not work either.

So I wonder if there is some easy option. Many thanks for any help!

Sincerely,

FAA

PS Just fair warning I have to do part of my work from a Windows based machine which is running by default in Korean so ...

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org