[Noisebridge-discuss] /tether.me

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 22:09:57 UTC 2013

*any good info on CURRENT/NEW droid or open source phones that can be
tethered WITHOUT $charges or drop in data transfer after any point in time
(of course having to hack this is fine as long as it WORKS ALL THE TIME)
will be much appreciated and you can hit me off-list or let others know in
a continuing thread...

*also which data plan company (if one) please...

basic requirements:

   1. must be open source and fully hackable
   2. best price possible
   3. have physical keypad(i will sacrifice this if there is no other
   choice but really prefer to have one)
   4. must be able to tether unlimited (can leave online as long i want) at
   highest possible unlimited data rate
   5. prefer no contract (if i can't get around this, one with a low flat
   rate)

i will be looking around on droid dev/hack sites, hackaday/lifehacker
et.albut like to see what you folks come with...

so far new htc droid and another have caught my eye but being how new they
are not much hacking on them yet...

thanks for any and all knowledge...

happy new year...

message ends