[Noisebridge-discuss] screenprinting / lasercutting workshop @ NB Jan. 13th, planning session this Friday Jan. 3rd 7pm in the hackitorium!

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 03:35:27 UTC 2013

Happy New Year to everyone!

I was at Noisebridge for part of my new year celebration, in fact, & had a
real nice time despite being stark raving sober. I will never listen to
Billy Idol the same way again. JoshH started a dance party during "Dancing
with Myself" by leaping atop the hackitorium table; pretty soon everyone
was dancing by themselves....together! I still have "Eyes Without a Face"
running nonstop through my head—it got kinda profound there for a few mins,
I was damn near emotional. Some nice fellows from the Ukraine were
visiting, very polite & friendly—I hope they come back.

Anyway, I just wanted to send out a reminder that *Noisebridge will be
hosting a screenprinting & lasercutting workshop on Sunday, Jan. 13th* (we
haven't set the exact hours yet, it'll be a 2-3 hour thing probably in the
afternoon), hosted by myself plus Sauce
Lab-er<https://saucelabs.com/company/team>& 5MoF-er Alex Glowaski!
Should be a lot of fun with few side effects. And
tomorrow eve, Friday at 7pm to be precise, Alex & I plan to meet in the
space to hammer out details & formulate our action plan. Anyone who wishes
to help us plan & execute said workshop (especially those with
screenprinting and/or lasercutting experience!) are welcome to join us! I'm
making this up as I go along, as usual.

I put a second sign-up sheet up near the main entrance, since the first one
filled up. I'm guessing we'll end up with a total head count of 30 people,
maybe 40? Which should be do-able, no prob. I doubt it will be an issue,
but we should probably cap it at 50, eh?

+11+

PS I have a belated Christmas/New Year's present for NBridge that I'll be
delivering soon....I can't wait!

PPS Anyone who wants to sign up for the workshop can also email *
yellowsunglasses at riseup*.net to do so. It's free & you can bring a design
or stencil to use on the 13th!

PPPS Can someone with access to the NBridge account possibly donate funds
for some supplies for the workshop? I am out of the loop completely about
who that would be.