[Noisebridge-discuss] Remove United States District Attorney Carmen Ortiz from office

bandit bandit at cruzio.com
Mon Jan 14 06:16:24 UTC 2013

Sign this. Pass this on.

http://wh.gov/E3v1

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/remove-united-states-district-attorney-carmen-ortiz-office-overreach-case-aaron-swartz/RQNrG1Ck

we petition the obama administration to:
Remove United States District Attorney Carmen Ortiz from office for
overreach in the case of Aaron Swartz.

It is too late to do anything for Aaron Swartz, but the who used the
powers granted to them by their office to hound him into a position where
he was facing a ruinous trial, life in prison and the ignominy and shame
of being a convicted felon; for an alleged crime that the supposed victims
did not wish to prosecute.

A prosecutor who does not understand proportionality and who regularly
uses the threat of unjust and overreaching charges to extort plea bargains
from defendants regardless of their guilt is a danger to the life and
liberty of anyone who might cross her path.

http://lessig.tumblr.com/post/40347463044/prosecutor-as-bully

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/technology/aaron-swartz-internet-activist-dies-at-26.html

bandit at cruzio.com
505-228-8197
bandit.name

I am a systems engineer, specializing in:
- Mission-Critical embedded systems
- device drivers
- control and data acquisition systems
My stuff *works* - *all the time*.

Member: INCOSE.org, PACA.org, IEEE.org, CaliforniaConsultants.org, quelab.net

And to support my son: Proud members of the New Mexico .NET User Group.
Please go to the community website at www.nmug.net.