[Noisebridge-discuss] door opening credentials - a suggestion for improved access control

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Jan 16 19:52:15 UTC 2013

Some anti-camera people said that they would be okay with a camera at the
door if there were a physical curtain hanging in front of it unless a rope
were pulled by the person waiting outside the door, so that they could
make themselves visible to the person inside at the door-open button.

I am planning to install a two-way audio system so that people outside the
gate can use their voice to ask to be let into noisebridge, and people
inside can reply with their voice if more information is required or for
general communications.  A button at each microphone ensures that only
voluntary audio transmissions will occur.

I also think that we should remove the door-open button at the top of the
steps, and replace it with a numberpad like the payphone so that only
people authorized to enter with a code can "buzz" other people in.

how do people feel about this stuff?

-jake