[Noisebridge-discuss] /tether.me

tedward arbzed at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 06:46:09 UTC 2013

The FoxFi app for WiFi tethering works great on my Motorola Droid 4 with
the stock Verizon 4.0.4 ROM.  I don't believe it even needs root
permissions (though perhaps I granted on install and forgot).

The Motorola Droid series is generally pretty solid hardware.  The
slide-out keyboards on them are awesome.  The 4 has a glued-in battery
that's way to small, which is my main issue with the phone.  (Also, they
eliminated the ~ key.  Grrr.)  You might be able to find a good price on an
unlocked Droid 3 on Ebay or something if your carrier of choice supports
CDMA.