[Noisebridge-discuss] Electronics Question

Garrett Mace garrettmace at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 08:13:30 UTC 2013

On Jan 9, 2013, at 10:46 PM, Phil Spitler <phil at bonfirelabs.com> wrote:

> I would like to make an LED light that can be controlled by some form of wireless on/off switch.
>
> I cannot use IR as the switch will be in a different room to the light.
>
> I think I could use the Imp board I have seen on Instructables but that seems expensive as I think I would need 2 Arduinos, 2 Imp shields and 2 Imps.
>
> Maybe I could use Bluetooth, Xbee or RF?
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Phil
>
> Phil Spitler  |  Creative Technologist   |  Bonfire Labs  |  t : 415.394.8200  m : 415.571.3139
>
> Website | Facebook | LinkedIn

What do you mean by LED light? An LED? Or a lighting fixture, like an LED light bulb? Either way...while I love making semi-elaborate ways of making stuff happen, like intercepting Siri traffic, maybe you could solve this with an off-the-shelf wireless outlet switch and remote from a hardware store.