[Noisebridge-discuss] Aaron's wake at the Internet Archive.

Kevin Burton burtonator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 20:38:20 UTC 2013

Another issue.  And I hate to complicate things but the Internet Archive is
going to honor Shiva - the week long morning required by Jewish tradition.

We are targeting Jan 24 which is a week after the funeral.

Apparently Aaron honored Jewish traditions and I think we should honor this
one as well.

I am not sure that the family officially requested it but I'm finding out
now.

The Internet Archive is going to honor it though.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Kevin Burton <burtonator at gmail.com> wrote:

> Afternoon.
>
> I found out that Noisebridge was organizing a wake/memorial for Aaron.
>
> I was really upset when I found out that setting up a memorial is
> certainly something we should try to do soon.
>
> I wrote up my thoughts on Aaron's death here.
>
> http://burtonator.wordpress.com/2013/01/12/rip-aaron-swartz/
>
> I have been collaborating with the Internet Archive and Brewster and Lisa
> Rein to setup a memorial there as well.
>
> I think that Noisebridge should certainly have their own memorial.  We can
> also combine them of course.  I'm still trying to figure out the best
> strategy.
>
> I'm also down for a hackathon especially around open data and open access
> to journals.
>
> Either way we should try to publicize this and get bloggers to link to it
> and also get the official memorial cite to link to any wake we hold for him.
>
> I'd also like to personally collaborate with anyone who wants to pursue
> open access.
>
> I was also thinking of starting an ASTOR project (Aaron Store) if that is
> the right way to go…

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com <http://spinn3r.com/>

Location: *San Francisco, CA*
Skype: *burtonator*