[Noisebridge-discuss] Aaron Swartz Noisebridge Memorial

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Mon Jan 14 20:54:19 UTC 2013

All right.

I just got off the phone with June at the Internet Archive; there's going
to be a memorial there at 8:00 on Thursday, January 24th, with a reception
preceding starting at 7:00.

I've got some volunteers to help with the stage-tech stuff; there has been
talk of live-streaming this, so if anybody wants to take that on, we could
use help with that.

The format I had planned was a simple greeting, followed by some prepared
speakers interspersed with an open mic for people to share their memories
of Aaron.

If anyone wants to help out in any way, get hold of me; I'm going to be
setting up an ad-hoc mailing list for organizing by end of day.

There's also talk of a Nosiebridge-specific hackathon event; I think this
is a fantastic idea and I'd be overjoyed to be involved.  I'll be at the
meeting Tuesday to discuss all of this.

--S