[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: sleeping in turing

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Mon Jan 14 21:52:24 UTC 2013

Maestro, you're a little confused as to how things work here.

We do have a tradition of not photographing people in the space without
their permission, but we also have a tradition of not letting people live
in the space. When those two traditions clash, we talk about it at meeting
or in mediation, and resolve the problem. It's a lot lot harder to resolve
those problems if you uploaded the picture to the public Internet and that
would probably result in extreme censure, but we've definitely dealt with
documenting bad behaviour in the space in a more diplomatic way than that.

We do not have a tradition of using coercion or violence to solve problems,
and it's the proudest untradition we have. Could you please make clear that
you're not going to take such steps, so that people aren't scared of you
and your ewasting ways? I know you're a little kitten inside, but sometimes
I think you don't know how intimidating you can be, even by email.

d.