[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: sleeping in turing

Dean Mao dean.mao at hackerdojo.com
Tue Jan 15 02:45:10 UTC 2013

True, but sometimes in the heat of a situation, one might not be able to
make that kind of decision.  If you pick a fight, you'll get a fight.  Not
everyone will consult their legal options when someone throws the first
punch.

If you want to smash the camera, you should run and pretend to trip so you
can throw the camera across the room and have it accidentally smash against
the wall.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Garrett Mace <garrettmace at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are other ways to respond to property damage than physical violence
> and permanent physical disfigurement.
>
> On Jan 14, 2013, at 6:37 PM, Dean Mao <dean.mao at hackerdojo.com> wrote:
>
> Just so you know, if someone at NB snatched a camera out of my hands and
> smashed it in front of me.  I might smash their two front teeth in.  It's
> something to consider if you destroy someone's property, regardless who is
> "legally right".
>
> There are other ways to resolve a situation besides destruction of
> property.
>

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM, maestro <maestro415 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> *a really good example of this is the tv 'news' cameramen that have told
>> me honestly and it has been backed up by a couple judges that if they get
>> right in someone's face with their camera the person can totally throw the
>> camera down without prejudice or liability...
>> but of course they rely on most not knowing this and sometimes consider
>> the shot(s) worth the damage since they don't pay for it anyway...

Dean Mao
dean.mao at hackerdojo.com
Come visit us, we love new people!
www.hackerdojo.com