[Noisebridge-discuss] door opening credentials - a suggestion for improved access control

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Jan 17 06:45:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Nicholas Granado <ngranado at gmail.com>wrote:

> ah the code pad on the inside is brilliant!

I like it!

Okay, to push this to the point where people *do* complain... what do
people think about the idea that getting a code to open the door involves
going through some kind of cultural briefing -- like attending a
Noisebridge 101 lesson, or doing an online test, or somesuch? Part of the
briefing would be making clear that you're responsible for the people you
let in, which is something we've always tried to convey to people but never
very successfully. Other stuff would be where you find the answer to
certain problems, what to do in certain emergencies, how to escort someone
out, who likes backrubs and whether mike is an ombudsmen or a quartermaster.

This would mean that we'd have a wider circle of just members who are seen
as responsible people in the space, but we'd still have *someone*

d.