[Noisebridge-discuss] door

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Jan 19 00:56:31 UTC 2013

Tony,

if you want to be able to get into noisebridge without ringing the
doorbell and hoping someone upstairs will let you in, you should ask one
of the people you know to help you get a door code.  If none of the people
you know know how to do that, you can come to a meeting and introduce
yourself and ask for a door code then.

Certainly noisebridge accepts donations but it's not a requirement that
someone donate or be a member to get a door code.

If you like coming to noisebridge and you like being able to enter any
time you want, you should get a door code of your very own (that won't be
revoked, because it will be listed as belonging to you instead of
"random public door code")

-jake

Tony Arcieri wrote:
My 2c:

I don't go to Noisebridge very often, but the door situation and the
apparent confusion surrounding it aren't helping motivate me to
participate
in the Noisebridge community.

At one point I knew a door code and it's since been deactivated. I haven't
had too much trouble getting in, but because nobody knows who I am I've
been met with scrutiny several times I've arrived (though not always, I've
had several "nice" people who apparently thought I belong enough to let me
in)

I'm mostly going to small meetups and when people scrutinize me I don't
really know what to say. "See those guys at the table near the windows?
I'm
with them"

Honestly at this point I'd be willing to pay money if it meant I could
reliably enter and leave without someone being a dick. Or maybe I should
just steal someone's door key and make a copy...