[Noisebridge-discuss] Visiting from Chicago 1/26-1/29, making pick and place machine

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Jan 20 08:37:18 UTC 2013

Jeff,

I come to noisebridge regularly and I would love to see your designs for a
pick&place machine.  I have done some work toward making it easy to fab
circuitboards at home and at noisebridge.  I can show you what i've got.

your pick&place project seems very promising, i know the software can be
the hardest part of something like this!  I might just build a version of
your hardware for noisebridge.

you can contact me any time you think you'll be able to make it to the
space, and i'll come down there to let you in and give you a tour of
everything interesting there.

welcome to SF! (when you get here)

-jake

Jeff McAlvay wrote:
I’m working on an open hardware, open software circuit board assembly
machine < http://www.boardforge.com/ > (a pick and place) for DIYers with
some folks at Chicago’s Pumping Station: One
http://pumpingstationone.org/
  hackerspace.

I’m going to be in the Bay Area for an electronics design
conference<http://designcon.com/santaclara/> 1/26-1/29.
While I'm in town, I would like to get input on the machine, see your
space, and meet folks doing automated manufacturing projects.

Let me know if you want to meet up and what time would be best to stop by
the space.