[Noisebridge-discuss] noises: open-source video project

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Mon Jul 1 17:56:59 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 12:18:01PM -0700, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
> "pony.noise" resolves to Pony's internal IP address, and will give you fast
> access in the space.
> "pony.noisebridge.net" will resolve to Pony's Sonic.net IP address, and
> will give you very slow external access.
>
> Just s/.noise/.noisebridge.net/g to your links, and they should work
> externally. However, it will be arse-slow, so for large files like this,
> it's much better to just drop in and pay a visit.
>
> Cheers,
> jof

I created /etc/dnsmasq.d/pony.conf on minotaur with a rule to make
pony.noisebridge.net resolve to pony's internal address, so that people
can just connect to the external hostname from anywhere and if they're
in the space and using our recursor they'll get faster access.

Let me know and/or undo it if there is some reason I've missed why not
to do this.

~leif