[Noisebridge-discuss] 8/21, Instructables Build Night at NB

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 18:38:36 UTC 2013

Announcing a Build Night at Noisebridge, Wednesday 8/21, 7pm to 9pm.
Sponsored by Instructables and Jameco Electronics!

Instructables and Jameco Electronics have gifted Noisebridge the
following goodies (~$60)

  * Standard Timer Single 8-Pin 555 Chip (10)
  * Resistor Assortment, 540 pieces (1)
  * Breadboard 3.25x2.125 (4)
  * Battery Snap, 6 inch (4)
  * Battery, Super Alkaline, 9V (4)
  * Grab Bag of Electronics Components (1)
      o Axial and radial electrolytics, monolithic, dipped silver mica
        and mylar capacitors, connectors, sockets, thermistors, LEDs,
        resistor networks, diodes, IC's, standoffs, transistors,
        oscillator/resonators, inductors, crystals, resistors, pots and
        switches
  * 200 LED's Grab Bag - assorted colors and shapes (2)

It's up to us to develop and offer to participants three (3) projects,
using some of these parts (we get to keep what's leftover).

If you are an electronics designer, beginner or advanced, and you'd like
to design and teach one of the projects, let me know asap (even if your
design is not developed yet). I will inform as soon as I know the exact
contents of the Grab Bag.

Anyone who'd like to help out with this event (Greeter, Snack Wrangler,
Furniture Wrangler, Promo Wrangler), please let me know.

(Thank you Dana for the heads-up!)

Best,

Johny Radio

Stick It In Your Ear!