[Noisebridge-discuss] consensus item to pay for damage caused by Tony, and bar Tony

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Jul 3 23:53:51 UTC 2013

I mentioned at the meeting last night (notes?) that Noisebridge should pay
the landlord of 2169 for the damage caused to the stairs and building, as
a result of Tony's squatting and getting trapped in the downstairs room.

The landlord had to emergency-deconstruct the staircase to let tony out,
and hire someone to reconstruct the stairs afterwards.  That's why you see
new linoleum on the stairs.

There is also a wall in the back behind the stairs which was kicked out by
tony, as well as the glass window of that room which tony broke, and
possibly other things.

I think Noisebridge should take resposibility for bringing this trouble to
the building, and pay the landlord back for their costs (both materials
and labor).

Next week I will push for consensus on this proposal.

The proposal also says that Tony Longshanks is not welcome at 2169 mission
until after he pays back Noisebridge for the damages AND comes to a
meeting AND that meeting attendance is preceeded by public notice of same.

Also i want to state that even if those conditions are met, I will still
push for a permanent banning of Tony and i'm sure others will too, so it's
not like i'm saying everything will be fine after he does those things.

-jake