[Noisebridge-discuss] CopCards

Sai i at s.ai
Sun Jul 7 18:46:27 UTC 2013

Howdy all.

Recently, I designed CopCards: basically, a pair of credit card sized
cards that concisely remind you of your rights with police and prompt
you for what to say when interacting with them if you want to preserve
those rights.

They're available at http://s.ai/copcards.

For liability reasons, I'm not currently able to do a production run
of them. However, I have priced it out.

I hereby give permission to Noisebridge to do a print run of them to
give out (with or without suggested donation from recipients),
contingent on consensus to do so, and so long as any profits go to
Noisebridge-the-501c3.

I'm happy to facilitate the printing etc. The prices for a bulk run of
15 mil b&w plastic cards are approximately:
250- .50 each - min. order is $125.00
500- .429 each
1000-.355
2000-.303
3000-.235
5000-.207
7500-.188
10000-.164
15000-.143

Note that those are per card, and it's meant to be distributed as card
pairs, so multiply that x2.

They can be run as 30 mil or 15 mil. I have numerous samples of both
types of cardstock from the printer.

I welcome any comments (preferably constructive) on the cards' content
also. I have had them reviewed by lawyers (criminal and otherwise) and
the ones on the website reflect many revisions of editing for clarity,
simplicity, accuracy, non-aggression, etc.

Enjoy,
- Sai