[Noisebridge-discuss] Faucet Warning Sticker

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 16:31:25 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I've designed a rough draft of a warning. I money to get the stickers
and have them printed.

These stickers can go on faucets and drinking fountains everywhere.
Imagine that! If they're on the faucets, maybe after seeing it a few
times, if only 2% of all people do the research, it will have an
impact. And that 2% will tell others, e.g.

Joe: Hey, what's this sticker on the faucet about? It says "there's
poison in your water"
Jane: Oh, that's about the fluoride that the city adds to the water.
Joe: But fluoride's good for your teeth!
Jane: It's actually really bad for you if you swallow it.
Joe: Really? I thought it was good for you?
Jane: Nope. It's a colorless, tasteless poison! Check out their
website, fluoridealert.org.

1500 labels for $40
printing 50 sheets at OfficeMax for $5.

http://www.averylabelsonline.com/55weprmala1x.html

Total cost should be under $60 including tax and shipping.

I also will need to do a test print to make sure the QR code works.

I designed it in OpenOffice and I am not a designer. What do you think
of the appearance and wording? Do you like the idea? Will you pay for
it? And if not, can you suggest a way to get some money to pay for
that? I have no bank account or credit card, BTW.

Feedback or suggestions? How can I get money to pay for this?

Thanks,
--
Garrett
Twitter: @xkit